Welcome to Mt. Zion United Methodist Church at Peach Bottom! We’re a small, friendly, family-friendly church in southern Lancaster County, PA, in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country. Click here for directions.
We worship together on Sunday mornings at 11:00, and celebrate Holy Communion on the first Sunday of each month. Stop by for fellowship time at 10:30 Sunday morning.
Advent Sermon Series
“Are We There Yet?” That’s the question every parent knows too well. Advent itself is a spiritual journey as we travel toward Bethlehem and prepare to worship Jesus. Our Sunday messages all through Advent will answer the question, concluding with our Christmas Eve candlelight service at 7:00 PM on December 24.
Christmas is Coming!
We really get busy leading up to the holidays, right? Well, it’s time to start putting things on your calendar. You can check our church calendar here, but in the meantime, here’s a list of what’s coming up:
- Thursday, Dec. 5 – Advent worship by SOULanco Mission Link churches at Mt. Hope UMC, Pastor Dave Ryan (Bethesda, Wesley/Strasburg) preaching.
- Sunday, Dec. 8 – Second Sunday in Advent
- Thursday, Dec. 12 – Advent worship by SOULanco Mission Link churches at Bethesda UMC, Pastor Chandler Evans (Mt. Nebo UMC) preaching.
- Sunday, Dec. 15 – Third Sunday in Advent
- Thursday, Dec. 19 – Advent worship by SOULanco Mission Link churches at Mt. Nebo UMC, Pastor Mike Miller (Mt. Hope UMC) preaching.
- Sunday, Dec. 22 – Fourth Sunday in Advent
- Tuesday, Dec. 24, 7:00 PM – Christmas Eve Candlelight Service
Winter weather will be here before you know it. When the weather forces us to cancel activities, here’s a list of places you’ll be able to hear about it:
- Right here on our website.
- WGAL-TV, and www.wgal.com/weather/closings
- WDAC 94.5 radio, and www.wdac.com/church-closings-and-delays/
- WJTL 90.3 radio, and www.wjtl.com/stationinfo/operation-snow-crew/
- Our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/PBMtZionUMC
- On Twitter, at www.twitter.com/pb_umc
- And we’ll send out email and texts to those for whom we have contact information. Please make sure we have your up-to-date contact information!
Rawlinsville Camp Meeting is over for 2019. Mt. Zion is one of the founding members churches, and we’ll be back next year. Camp Meeting itself is over, but the 2020 session isn’t far away!
People in the U.S. Midwest are devastated by flooding. People in far-away Mozambique are suffering the results of an intense cyclone, with flooding and more. What can we do? See Pastor Roger’s blog, Disasters Happen, for some ways you can help people in need, both near and far, by donating to UMCOR.
You’ll find that we’re engaged in ministry, too, as a member of the SOULanco Mission Connection group of United Methodist congregations in southern Lancaster County. We’re proud to be part of Rawlinsville Camp Meeting as one of the founding churches. We support the Solanco Food Bank (Solanco Neighborhood Ministries), LUMINA, the new “Bare Essentials” clothing ministry, and the IMPACT! Missions housing ministry.
In 2019 Mt. Zion UMC is partnering with IMPACT! Missions, a faith-based housing ministry dedicated to helping everyone have a home that’s warm, safe and dry. We’re doing a volunteer workday with IMPACT! Missions on the first Saturday of each month, from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Contact Pastor Roger to sign up.
Want to get in touch, or ask questions? Click here for our Contact page.
You’ll also find us on Facebook and Twitter.
“Early Christians didn’t attend church. They were the church. ” @cnieuwhof