In-Person Worship Resumes
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We are open for in-person worship every Sunday morning at 11:00, and you are most welcome. We have updated our Covid policies and procedures to generally follow CDC guidelines. Several key points:
- No masks needed for those who are fully vaccinated. We do ask that you continue wearing a mask if you are not fully vaccinated.
- Singing is OK and welcome!
- If you’re sick, especially with respiratory symptoms, please stay home. You may certainly join us online!
- We’ll continue to do some safe distancing, by roping off every other pew, and asking that worshipers sit together in family groups.
We will have online worship Sunday mornings at 11, along with a special online message for young people each Sunday at 12 noon. Online worship address is bit.ly/watchmtzion. I thank our church leaders for their input and suggestions. Blessings to all! – Pastor Roger
New: Just for Young People
As noted above, Pastor Roger has added a special message for young people, available on our church Facebook Video channel, bit.ly/watchmtzion. A new message will be posted each Sunday at 12:00 PM, and will be available on demand at any time after that.
Join us for the 136th annual session of Rawlinsville Camp Meeting Monday, July 26, through Sunday, August 8. Some schedule highlights:
- Spiritual Life Rally, 7:00 PM on Sunday, July 25, in the Tabernacle
- Outstanding children and youth programs. Sign up here: https://www.rawlinsvillecamp.com/register
- The Boarding House and Snack Bar will be open! But we do need volunteers to help staff the Snack Bar. Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050c4daaaa2ea31-snack1
- Morning Praise & Prayer service on the Tabernacle platform at 8:00 AM.
- Evening evangelistic services in the Tabernacle at 7:30 PM. These will be livestreamed on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, both weeks (July 26-July 28 and August 2-4), plus Friday evening, August 6. Watch here on our Facebook video page: bit.ly/watchrcm. It’s easier if you Like and Follow our Facebook page, too.
Celebration for Bishop Peggy Johnson
Bishop Peggy is retiring as the episcopal leader of our Eastern PA Conference of the United Methodist Church, and you’re invited to an online celebration of her ministry via Zoom, at 6:30 PM on Monday, July 26. Click here for the Zoom link.
New: Online/Electronic Donations!
Now Mt. Zion is able to accept your donations online, electronically. We know that giving is a challenge when we’re not able to gather in person for worship. Support our ministries using your major credit card. Just click on the Donate button below:
You can use major credit/debit cards, and you can even set up automatic scheduled donations. And even though it’s done with PayPal, you do not need a PayPal account. Plus, it’s secure.
It Ain’t Over Until It’s Over
Or, the Continuing Saga…
With apologies to the late great Yogi Berra, Pastor Roger responds with words of reassurance to the most recent proposals to address the controversy within the United Methodist Church. Read his letter here. And keep our United Methodist Church in prayer, as we seek to find ways to grow through very divisive issues. Due to the Coronavirus, all of our United Methodist conferences where these issues would have been dealt with have been rescheduled, with dates as far away as August 2022. Check out the new dates here.
Hurricanes, earthquakes, devastating fires. It seems like disasters are happening right and left. What can we do? See Pastor Roger’s blog, Disasters Happen, for some ways you can help people in need, both near and far, by donating to UMCOR.
You’ll find that we’re engaged in ministry, too, as a member of the SOULanco Mission Connection group of United Methodist congregations in southern Lancaster County. We’re proud to be part of Rawlinsville Camp Meeting as one of the founding churches. We support the Solanco Food Bank (Solanco Neighborhood Ministries), LUMINA, the new “Bare Essentials” clothing ministry, and the IMPACT! Missions housing ministry.
In 2020 Mt. Zion UMC began working with IMPACT! Missions, a faith-based housing ministry dedicated to helping everyone have a home that’s warm, safe and dry. We’re doing a volunteer workday with IMPACT! Missions on the first Saturday of each month, from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Contact Pastor Roger to sign up.
Want to get in touch, or ask questions? Click here for our Contact page.
You’ll also find us on Facebook and Twitter.
“Early Christians didn’t attend church. They were the church. ” @cnieuwhof